We take care to protect the privacy of our clients and their associates.
This privacy notice is a public declaration of how Managed Water Services Limited applies the Data Protection Principles and Rights afforded to individuals by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to the personal data that we process. Managed Water Services Limited is committed to complying with the principles relating to the processing of personal data under GDPR.
Who is collecting information about me?
Trading name: Managed Water Services Limited, Kildalton, Islay House, Lynderswood Farm, Lynderswood Lane, Black Notley, Braintree, Essex CM77 8JT
Registered office address: C/o Anthony Russell, Winghams House, 9 Freeport Village, Braintree, Essex CM77 8YG
Data Protection Officer/Point of Contact:
What is your legal basis for processing my information?
Managed Water Services Limited process your data on the legal basis of Contract and Legitimate interest.
What is the “legitimate interest” being pursued that allow you to process my information?
Managed Water Services Limited acts as both a Data Controller & Data Processor of Customer and Supplier data.
- A controller determines the purposes and means of processing personal data.
- A processor is responsible for processing personal data on behalf of a controller. Further detailed definition of the controller and processor roles can be found on the ICO website: website: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/
The legitimate interests pursued by Managed Water Services Limited are;
- To offer products, services, and other relevant products to our customers.
- We believe it is in the interest of our customers and suppliers to ensure we process the information to facilitate continued works.
- We understand that our Customers and Suppliers would expect us to use their data in this way and that doing so has a minimal privacy impact.
The method and frequency of communications to customer and suppliers do not impact vulnerable individuals.
How does the “contract” legal basis allow you to process my information?
Processing of your data is necessary if you hold or wish to hold a contract with Managed Water Services Limited. This allows us to comply with our obligations under the contract.
What information are you collecting about me?
We collect and store data for the purposes of supporting the customer and Buyer transaction process and providing our service.
The categories of personal data that we collect; and process are:
- Personal details: e.g. contact name, address, email, the telephone number for your business;
- Financial details: e.g. bank account, credit card, direct debit details for your business;
Why are you collecting information about me?
By submitting your personal information to us, you shall be consenting to it being processed in the manner described below by Managed Water Services Limited.
- To carry out obligations arising from any agreements entered between you and us and to provide you with the information, products, and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are like those that you have already purchased, enquired about or we feel may be of interest to you;
- To communicate with you to gain feedback on our services in order to improve them;
- To notify you of any changes to any of our services;
Where is my information stored?
Information submitted to Managed Water Services Limited will be stored internally on secured cloud-based systems the details of which are below;
Office 365 – https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-gb/privacystatement
Who might you share my information with?
We may share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any agreement we enter with them or you.
Financial information is not shared. It will only be will be stored internally.
Where might you transfer my information outside the UK?
Your personal data will not be transferred out of the UK or the EEA.
What rights do you have?
You have the following Individual Rights. Should you have any inquiries about how we use your data or wish to activate your rights please contact:
Managed Water Services Limited
Kildalton, Islay House,
Lynderswood Farm, Lynderswood Lane
The right to be informed
Managed Water Services Limited provides fair processing information by way of this Privacy Notice.
The right of access
You have a right to obtain confirmation about how we are processing your personal data and what data we hold about you. You can view this by requesting a copy. Should you request a copy of your data, including your personal data, Managed Water Services Limited will provide this within one month of the request unless there are exceptional reasons for not doing so.
The right to rectification
If any information held is inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to have that information corrected or completed; if other parties have been passed the information, where possible we will inform them of the rectification undertaken. All individual customer data is available to rectify.
The right to erasure (also known as the “right to be forgotten”)
You have the right for your information to be erased. We will delete or remove your information on request if there is no compelling reason for us to keep it, such as on-going administration of your account with us. Information will be automatically erased if your account remains inactive for a total of five years.
The right to restrict processing
You have the right to ‘block’ or suppress processing, this won’t affect processing done so far, but will stop further processing. When processing is restricted, Managed Water Services Limited is permitted to store your personal data, but not to process it further. The business can retain just enough information about you to ensure the restriction is respected in the future.
The right to data portability
You have the right for your information to be provided in a machine-readable format to enable easy transfer between processors. This is available to the personal data provided by you.
The right to object
You have the right to object at any time to processing based on the legitimate interest of Managed Water Services Limited.
The right to complain
If you wish to discuss your personal data or lodge a concern about the way in which it is handled, please use any of the following details:
Post: Managed Water Services Limited
Kildalton, Islay House,
Lynderswood Farm, Lynderswood Lane
The right to complain to the Supervisory Authority
If you are unhappy with our response, you have the right to complain to the Supervisory Authority, the details of which are below:
Supervisory Authority: Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO)